Since 2019, The Gang has been a leading gaming studio for Roblox games and our goal is to build the best, safest, and most engaging experiences in the world. We publish our own games and develop game experiences with the most successful brands in the world in music, fashion, entertainment, and technology.
Our mission is to unlock the full creative potential of our audiences with innovative experiences and solutions. This year we have seen tremendous growth with several million active users every day and we are actively looking to find the best people to join us in shaping the future of metaverse experiences in Roblox and beyond. Not only have we seen a growth in our games, but also a growth in our team. We've grown from just Sweden to also have offices in Portugal, the UK, and now Malaysia.
About the position
We offer 3 different internship roles. Please identify one that would suit your interest best, if you have another interest area that is not mentioned, do apply still! We would like to get to know you.
(A) As the Game Programmer, you will play a key role in developing new updates to our existing games as well as developing new games on the Roblox Platform. Working on the Roblox Platform and in a small team for each game will give you a lot of creative freedom, this means that you will be able to define the player experience a lot and also you will get to work on every part of the game, from UI-code and gameplay logic to server code.
(B) As a Game Artist Intern, you will play a key role in creating art for our new projects and our existing games. You will work closely with other artists, designers and programmers to create assets for our existing games and art styles as well as be part of building new projects. You will get the opportunity to work on our own established IPs as well as working with some of the biggest brand clients worldwide.
(C) As a Game Design Intern, your main role is to work closely with a Game Designer to add content to the game and create and improve game features. You will be part of a game development team and work together with the other disciplines to drive and fulfill the vision of the game and to deliver an experience that meets the expectations of the players and the team. You will help out with designing and balancing features, building levels, creating stories and quests, onboarding and more. Together with the team, make sure that the project planning and documentation are up to date and, through playtests and feedback, iterate on the games. You will get the opportunity to work on our own established IPs as well as work with some of the biggest brand clients worldwide.
Life at The Gang - Fun, playful, fearless and always going forward!
We strive to deliver awesome digital experiences and have fun while doing it, always learning and moving forward. Working at The Gang you will have a lot of ownership over your tasks and be empowered to test your ideas and grow in a playful and supportive group.
Starting date: Depending on your internship period.
Reporting to: Rob, Managing Director
Location: working 100% remote from home, with the option for hybrid/in-office work at our PJ or Johor office.
Work time: Full time on Malaysian working hours
Company language: English (must be competent in spoken and written English)
Location: Must be based in Malaysia
(A) Game Programming Intern Required Qualifications
- Experience with programming in the C-family and LUA
- Finished higher vocational education in professional game development and/or other bachelor degree or higher within software engineering
- Love for games
(B) Game Artist Intern Required Qualifications
- Create assets like environments, props, VFX, animations etc. from scratch from initial design to final in-engine implementation
- Learn how to optimize your assets and creations for streaming-based games
- Build and create new experiences together with your team that will be played by a broad audience
- Participate in problem solving and verifying the quality of your work together with your team and manager
(C) Game Design Intern Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of game design school
- Have an internship as part of your degree program
- Basic level of Game Design/Level Design/UX-Design/Monetization/Systems Design
- Basic level of scale, pacing and gameplay flows
What we offer
- Diversify your skills and focus on your specialization.
- A 100% remote work environment.
- The opportunity to collaborate closely with our Managing Director.
- Depending on the outcome of the internship, a job offer awaits you!
At The Gang, we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and open workplace. Any race, gender, colour, sexual orientation, nationality or religion are welcome at The Gang. We value your skills and what you can contribute to The Gang’s continued success and welcome your unique background!